Caring for Poinsettias
Proper care of the poinsettias once the customer receives delivery can help to promote repeat sales from year to year.
- Place plants in indirect sunlight for at least 6 hours per day.
- Provide room temperatures between 68 & 70 degrees.
- Water plants thoroughly when soil is dry to touch.
- Use a large shopping bag to protect plant when transporting.
- Fertilize plants after blooming season with AP fertilizer.
- Don't place plants near cold drafts or excessive heat.
- Don't expose plants to temperatures below 50 degrees.
- Don't allow plants to sit in standing water.
- Don't expose plants to chilling winds when transporting.
- Don't fertilize your plants when they are in bloom.
By folllowing the recommendations above, you can have a beautiful poinsettia that will last the entire holiday season. Please print the attachment below to hand out to all of your customers.
Complete care instructions that can be handed out to all of your customers.